For the last two years I’ve been using Drop Box as my primary source of backing up my personal files to the cloud. Lately Logmein, a company that I’ve been using for my virtual private network needs has release Cubby which does practically the same thing as Drop Box.
After using Cubby Pro for over a month I actually like it
Cubby features that I like:
- DirectSyncTM- sync unlimited folders across computers without using your cloud storage. You can sync folders among your own computers so all your files are always at your fingertips. It also lets you securely sync with others so your friends and colleagues always have the same files and are always on the same page.
- 5 GB Free – You can earn up to 20 GB free with referrals while Dropbox only gives 2GB to start out with.
- Any Folder Sync - You can turn any folder into a cubby right where it is by dragging it over to the Cubby application or right-clicking it (PC). No need to change where it lives or how you work. Turn as many folders into cubbies as you like.
- $9.99 /Month for 100 GB.
Drop Box features that I like
- Fast Syncing – Dropbox got it right! Things sync really fast. It took 2-3 days to sync 60 GB of files to the cloud while it took nearly 8 days to sync for Cubby.
- Simple Sharing – the sharing features of Dropbox is so much better than Cubby.
- Version History – it appears that version history of Dropbox is built better than Cubby. Each time you edit the file it saves the version. If you happen to copy an old version into the folder than Drop Box will recognize that without reuploading again. Cubby has to reupload that file again and count that as one version.
- $9.99 /Month for 100 Gb